1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
Black person on Tumblr:
"Im finna go apply to this job"
"Well maybe if you knew how to speak properly you'd already have a job"
Language is merely a medium in which we communicate in and as such must be fluid in order to remain effective. I use such grammar because it is the easiest for anyone who happens upon my blog to digest and conveys my message in a manner where it cannot be misconstrued. Also, speaking formally in an informal forum gives off an air of superiority and needlessly complicates my message. A key part in oral language is reaching an understanding with your audience so as to keep them engaged and distraction free; imagine if I were to give a speech to 1st graders the way a doctor would speak to a med student, the audience would be bewildered by all the terms and would focus on their lack of understanding the words vs what's being said. In conclusion, this my blog and imma blog how I want
*deletes post, deletes blog, deletes SSN, cancels cards, starts new identity